Wednesday, May 30, 2007

3rd Time In May

I am really on a roll. 3 posts in the month of May. I have to pat myself on the back. Now that I am a homemaker life is more relaxing. I don't have to stress any more about getting things done before or after work.
I finally planted the seeds I bought. Some of them are starting to sprout. I planted tons of seeds. Fruit, vegetables, herbs, and flowers. We will see. My problem in the past was that I either over watered them or didn't give them enough water. We are having a drought here and it has been hot so I have been checking them everyday.
I have a few sewing projects in the works. I am going to finish my sister-in-laws quilt tomorrow. She is going to watch the boys for me. It is king sized and takes a lot of concentration on my part to finish it. A friend is making me a driftwood lamp. So I am making her a quilt in return using civil war reproduction fabric. It will be lovely.
I found out last night that a dear friend is moving to another state. I am sad about this. I am also very happy for them. They will be about four hours away now. I want to make her a quilt before they leave in August.
Well have a great day where ever you are in this world. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Thanks for commenting, I always enjoy hearing what you are doing! The fabric in the quilt I made my MIL might be reproduction, I'm not sure, but it sure does have that feel doesn't it? I picked it up from a shop nearby that's closing. :(

I'm sorry to hear your friend is moving, but I bet she will cherish the quilt you make her. :)

Take care, and can't wait to see your projects! :)

Melzie said...

Yay a new post ;) I want to see your lamp when you get it that sounds very cool. xoxo melzie