Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Caladiums, Elephant Ears and Cats...







So here are the things I have managed to plant and haven't killed yet. Oh and my kitties too. Dash and Dot. She is sniffing him because he just came in from outside and she needs to make sure he is scent free for some reason. She doesn't like the outside, he loves it. He is chilling like he owns the place.

The elephant ears I just planted about a week or so ago. The caladiums I planted about 2 months ago or longer. Can't remember for sure. The hens and chickens came from my mother inlaws house in Kentucky. They made the 8 hour trip back last fall and lived through the winter. They are hardy plants and multiple like crazy. She also gave me a rose of sharon bush. I planted it last fall and thought it was dead. But come spring it grew leaves. It is about 1 1/2 feet tall now. I guess I'm not doing too bad.

I haven't sewn yet today. Oh nooooooooo. I have some things ready to sew but have had other things to do. I am washing fabric to finish up two projects.

It is hot and humid here today. The kids can't stand it outside for more than 15 minutes at a time. Poor things. I can't wait for school to start again. I love my youngin's but 24/7 is too much. LOL. Just kidding. They love to drive each other crazy. And me of course. God Bless us.

No comments: