Saturday, July 01, 2006

Current Quilt Project...


Here is a picture of the quilt I am currently working on. It is for my bed. This is the first time I have had the time to make something for us. My husband thinks it is about time. We are tired of the store bought comforter and ready for something new. I feel in love with the print material when I saw it. It was even great that it was on the clearance rack for $2.00 a yard. So I snatched up 5 yards right away. It took a while to figure out what kind of pattern we wanted. We are simple people and our style is country eclectic. I have 16 of these blocks to sew together. Then I can start on the borders. My husband is very patiently waiting. Maybe I will get to work on it today.
My oldest son (11) stayed the night with a friend from school last night. He doesn't do this too often. When he was younger he would call for us to come get him because he was scared or missed us. I had my phone by the bed all night waiting for that call. It never came. Needless to say I didn't sleep well knowing he wasn't home tucked in his bed all safe and sound. I guess he is growing up. He didn't even need his teddy bear. :( I'm a little sad he is growing up. Almost a teenager and already has the mouth of one. At least I have another one who is still little to hold on to for a little while longer. I love my boys. :)

1 comment:

Shelina said...

That is a really pretty fabric. Kids do grow up too fast, don't they.