Tuesday, July 18, 2006



Here are a few pictures of what I have been working on for the last two days. God Bless all the women who hand stitch, embroider, cross stitch, and do needle point. My poor thumb is so sore. I have completed 2 lilies in 2 days. I still have to do the stem and leaves. I can come back to that. I am concentrating on the flower right now. Please ignore my irregular stitches. I am an amateur to say the least. I didn't realize when I had this idea how long it would take. Never have embroidered before or hand stitched much. Not on big projects anyway. I was searching high and low for a Lily pattern to applique. I never came across one I liked. So I turned to coloring books and coloring pages. I found a coloring page off the internet of a group of lilies. I cut out the one I liked and made a pattern out of it. Once I finish it I am sure it will be lovely.

1 comment:

Shelina said...

That's very creative of you to make a pattern out of a coloring book. Those are beautiful lillies. (My niece's name is Lily so I'm kinda partial to those flowers.) Your handwork is lovely, nothing to be ashamed of at all. Consistency is the key.